IT'S BACK! And it's going to be bigger than ever!
2017 sees the return of science:LIVE, after the success of the last three events. With 2015 we hosted “science:LIVE – The Shows”, 2016 was all about “science:LIVE – On Tour”, but nothing can match the original science:LIVE in 2014. That is until now.
Just like the first ever science:LIVE, Castle Rock High School will be open to everyone (not just members of the school community), completely FREE of charge. Doors open at 11am and close at 4pm on Saturday 20th May. At Castle Rock we love science. science:LIVE is designed for all to explore, and rediscover how amazing and awe-inspiring science is – in 2014 our youngest visitors were pre-school, and our most mature was in her 70s! This year, we really want to emphasise the incredibly important contribution that women have made to science, and have created a Women In Science Zone.
Many popular attractions are making a return, with many more being added:
- The animals are back! Parrots, tortoises, geckos, chameleons, and more.
- The Planetarium returns! Short movies about space exploration inside an inflatable dome.
- Walk-on custard (as long as it doesn’t rain again!)
- Fire shows! Practice your firefighting skills by putting out a life-size chip pan fire.
- Solve a crime in our CSI zone.
- The Army are coming, with their bomb disposal experts (no real explosives will be brought in!)
- 3M are bringing an operating theatre with equipment to carry out operations (on model dummies!)
- Loughborough University are bringing lots of amazing activities covering areas as wide ranging as sports science to electrical engineering.
- Ford will be bringing remarkable mechanical activities.
- Explore amazing interactive science activities placed throughout the school, and run by Castle Rock student volunteers.
- Learn about where we come from in our Natural History & Evolution Zone.
- Discover the fascinating world of Light and Optics with our partner primary schools!
- Explore our new and very important zone, created for science:LIVE 2017, and one we are very proud of – Women in Science.
- Have a go at Experiments That Changed the World.
- Enjoy the brilliant BBQ-style food the CRHS kitchens will be making.
- And so much more…
Save the date: Saturday 20th May - we would love to see you and your friends and family there!