Week commencing 12th October 2015.
Next week staff and students at Castle Rock will have many opportunities to take part in activities and events with the theme of numeracy across the curriculum. The aim is for students to really know where numeracy is in all of their subjects and the importance of numeracy in their lives.
Staff will highlight numeracy in all of their lessons and perhaps even design an activity or multiple activities around numeracy in their particular subject area.
Other events during the week include:
- World Maths Day on Wednesday 14th October (whole school competition).
- Numeracy in the dining hall – run by the catering team.
- ‘Where is Maths Hidden’ competition run during every lesson.
- Morning numeracy challenge – prizes to the winning mentor group.
- Finale – ‘Staff v Students’ Numeracy challenge on the Thursday! (are you smarter than a 11-14 year old?)
Lots of fun and exciting things happening all week! Follow our Twitter feed @castlerockhigh throughout the week for updates.